- This event has passed.
Anti-Death Penalty Clergy Symposium
April 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
IJPC is excited to announce the Anti-Death Penalty Clergy Symposium. The symposium will convene faith leaders* across Ohio to explore texts, hear from an interfaith panel, and discuss what faith in action against the death penalty can look like. The interfaith panel will include the following speakers:
- Baha’i Faith, Steve Vance, Cincinnati
- Catholic Faith, Deacon William Lambert of the Diocese of Youngstown
- Disciples of Christ, Rev. Dr. Crystal Walker from Greater Dayton Christian Connections
- Episcopal Church, Rev. Melanie Slane from Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, Cincinnati
- Jewish Faith, Religious Action Center of Judaism
At the end of the symposium, faith leaders will have a better understanding of how to engage in ending the death penalty in our state and how to discuss this topic with their faith communities.
*The intended audience for the event is leaders of faith communities – ranging from ordained ministers, individuals leading congregations, chairs of committees, and directors of faith affiliated offices. If you are not a faith leader, please consider sharing this with the leader(s) in your own community.