- This event has passed.
Way of the Cross for Justice – 2022
April 15 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join in this Good Friday pilgrimage connecting the suffering of Jesus with the suffering brought about by injustice in our day. Friday, April 15, 2022 at 12:00 PM.
The event begins at noon at the National Underground Freedom Center where there will be a 30 minute prayerful gathering and instructions for next steps. Afterwards, all are invited to follow the route of the Cincinnati Bell Connector (streetcar) and read the reflections that pair with the corresponding Connector stop. The closest stop can be found at The Banks – on Second St. between the Freedom Center and Great American Ball Park.
Reflections can be read online on your phone, or from a handout given at the Freedom Center. New this year – you can listen to the reflections pre-recorded via podcast! Be sure to bring headphones with you to listen along on the streetcar. For a print friendly version of the reflection, click here.
A few notes:
- It is free to ride the Connector’s 3.6-mile loop.
- Bicycles, wheelchairs and strollers can be taken onto the Connector.
- The Connector comes every 12 minutes. Depending on the size of our group, you may need to wait for another Connector so there is enough room.
- We have made suggestions of locations where you can get off the Connector to pray through the reflection in the space and even walk to the next stop a short distance away. This is optional.
- You are welcome to walk, bike, or drive along the Connector route if you prefer.
At the end, we invite you to return to the Freedom Center with your ribbon to write a statement of hope – in anticipation of the resurrection – and attach it to the cross, creating a tree of life from this symbol of death. Individuals will be welcomed back to the Freedom Center as they return, we will not have a formal gathering of the full group. A member of the team will remain at the Freedom Center with the cross until 2:00 PM.
Thank you to our supporters:
Christ Church Cathedral
Clifton United Methodist Church
Congregation of Divine Providence
God Space Community
Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center (IJPC)
Questions? Allison@IJPCcincinnati.org or 513-864-5784