The Immigrant Dignity Coalition’s purpose is to inform, connect, and mobilize the Southwest Ohio / Northern Kentucky community to defend and protect the dignity of the immigrant and refugee community by working in partnership and as allies.
About the Immigrant Dignity Coalition:
The Immigrant Dignity Coalition has diverse organizational members who stand united in opposition to unjust deportations and to anti-immigrant harassment of all kinds. The Coalition is building local power, forging a community that will last. In the face of the fear, racism, and confusion emanating from our nation’s capital the Coalition says: stand united, stay calm, get informed, and get active.
What We Do:
The Coalition will work for policies that support and promote:
- Fundamental human rights and human dignity for all
- Opposition to anti-immigrant harassment of all kinds
- The empowerment of immigrants and refugees
The Coalition’s members convene in small working groups addressing the issues of detention and deportations, Know Your Rights/Know Your Power, bullying and harassment, and much more.
The Coalition provides an “Immigrant Dignity Report” – a regular email dispatch collecting news, events, and calls to action. To receive the Report, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Immigrant Dignity Coalition has two tiers of organizational membership: voting members and supporting members. (updated 3/2023)
- 3R Fund for Immigrant Family Legal Defense, Inc.
- AJC Cincinnati
- Casa de Paz
- Cincinnati & Hamilton County Community Action Agency
- Cincinnati Interfaith Workers Center (CIWC)
- Cincinnati Mennonite Fellowship
- Cincinnati Senegalese Union
- Community Friends Meeting (Quaker)
- Council on American-Islamic Relations, Ohio (CAIR-Ohio)
- The Episcopal Church of Our Savior / La Iglesia de Nuestra Salvador
- Heartfelt Tidbits, Inc.
- Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center (IJPC)
- Latino Health Collaborative
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Cincinnati
- Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church
- OPAWL – Building AAPI Feminist Leadership
- Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati
- St. John’s Unitarian Universalist Church
- YWCA Greater Cincinnati
- Asian American Coalition of Ohio
- Bellarmine Chapel
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action Cincinnati
- Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio
- Center for Accessible Living
- Cincinnati AFL-CIO Labor Council
- Cincinnati Chapter Japanese American Citizens League (JACL)
- Education Matters
- Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Holy Family Parish
- Immigrant and Refugee Law Center (IRLC)
- International Center of Greater Cincinnati (ICGC)
- Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC)
- MD4ME, Inc.
- The Mauritanian Network for Human Rights
- Northern Kentucky Chapter of Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC)
- The Ohio Organizing Collaborative (OOC)
- Our Lady of the Visitation Parish
- Santa Maria Community Services
- St. Leo the Great Parish
- Women Helping Women
- Women’s City Club of Greater Cincinnati
- YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
- All are welcome at our monthly Immigrant Dignity Coalition meetings. Check IJPC’s Events Page for the latest information.
- Become an organizational member or a supporter organization.
- Join our Facebook group.
- Sign up to receive the Immigrant Dignity Report, email email@example.com to be added to the list.