IJPC’s Response to COVID-19
As many of you may know, Governor DeWine, Mayor Cranley, and public health officials have made many recommendations and regulations regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its presence in Ohio. In order to slow the spread of this virus, IJPC is taking necessary precautions including the following changes to scheduled events:
- Love of Justice (March 21st) – CANCELED
- John Dear “Praise Be Peace” (March 22nd) – CANCELED
- Immigrant Dignity Coalition Meeting (March 25th) – Will be conducted over the phone – details to come. Email Samantha for more information.
- YES March Meeting (March 25th) – CANCELED
- Flying Pig Team Happy Hour (March 26th) – CANCELED – Hayley will be in touch with members of Team IJPC with more information.
- Race and Racism Bus Tours (March 28th and April 5th) – RESCHEDULED – We will be in touch with people that have already purchased tickets and more information about new dates will be coming soon. Email Jessie for questions.
- Elwood Jones Hearing Mobilization (April 2nd & 3rd) – CANCELED – Stay tuned for case updates and further actions.
- Way of the Cross for Justice (April 10th) – CANCELED – Organizers are working on a plan to offer a virtual prayer experience.
As we navigate these unprecedented times together, we seek to support one another and the common good. It is through these most trying times that we continue to build the Beloved Community. Please check on family, friends, and neighbors – virtually if possible. For those in Cincinnati/Southwest Ohio, a Cinci/SW Ohio Mutual Aid Facebook group has been created to ask for help and offer help to neighbors in need. Please join and support where you can. Advocacy is still needed in these times so stay connected to IJPC as we, together with you, identify the concerns and work to address them.
IJPC staff will be working remotely as we await more information about COVID-19 and do our best to keep ourselves and our community safe. Therefore, we will not be in the office to answer the phone. You can get in touch with us by emailing our staff (find our email addresses here). Although we won’t be in the office, we will still be working hard on all of our programs and initiatives as we adapt to the current situation.