Help Choose This Year’s IJPC Bob Maxwell Peace Builder Award Recipient
The IJPC Bob Maxwell Peace Builder Award was established in 2017 in honor of Robert “Bob” Maxwell who passed away in 2016 and who was a steadfast supporter of the work of IJPC. The Bob Maxwell Peace Builder Award recipients are distinguished by giving public witness to justice issues to bring about peace. They have contributed to building understanding, collaboration, and trust in Greater Cincinnati, while holding the belief that peace is possible.
We are looking for someone who:
- Serves as an example to others through a commitment to Social Justice
- Has made a significant contribution to the promotion of peace in Greater Cincinnati and/or beyond
- Gives public witness to justice issues and with compassion
- Believes peace is possible
- Has contributed to peaceful resolution of a dispute and/or increased peace, collaboration, and trust
- Mindful that the work of peace comes from a place of peace not anger
- Talents offered include educating, advocating and engaging others for peace
- Willing to speak out against injustice with words and actions
*Note: The person under consideration does not need to meet each of these criteria, rather, the majority of them.
Previous Award Winners: Bonnie Neumeier ’17, Christina Brown ’18, S. Monica McGloin, OP ’19
We will be accepting nominations until August 1st.
Please share with your networks.